First order of business: the Kickstarter has relaunched! Within less than 12 hours, we’ve already been funded for over 10%! That’s an amazing start, thank you all for your support! Please share the Kickstarter on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr –just tweet, twat, bling, zing it all over the place! Let’s make Unraveled a reality!
- New Demo is live! Check it out to hear Hiroki Kikuta’s theme for Unraveled!
- The teased new artwork has been reveled!
- We’ve got a small amount of Early Bird specials! Tell Grandma!
- Please check out all the great new rewards!
- We have streamlined based off of your helpful feedback!
- No more Stretch Goals. We want to purely focus on Unraveled completion!
As stated above, we now have a theme song WRITTEN BY HIROKI KIKUTA.
Let that sink in for a moment.
Also, let me increase the font size–
KIKUTA-SAN, composer of SECRET OF MANA’s soundtrack. Unbelievable, right? We’ll be covering this in detail later. For now, if you’re eager to hear a piece of the track, you’ll have to play the new demo until the end! About 30 minutes long– Condensed and full of action! Yes!
Hear it from the Legend himself:
We’ve also had some amazing new artwork made to accompany the relaunch! One of these is a painting created by the talented Agnieszka Szwarc of the little girl and her plushie. You’ve seen it before in the Kickstarter, but here’s the full image in all its glory:
Look at that detail! Wow! We’ll be doing a future update showing you how this painting came to be and what other work Agnieszka has done.
Lastly, co-producer of Unraveled and founder of RosePortal Games, Aaron, has answered a random 300 questions! If you ever wanted to know more about the man behind the visual magic of video-games, this is your chance!! Here we go:
1) Whats your (full) name? Johannes Cornelis Aernoud van der Brugge 2) How old are you? 24 3) Whats your Birthday? December 14 4) What starsign does that make it? Sagittarius 5) Whats your favourite colour? Blue 6) Whats your lucky number? 4 or 7 7) Do you have any pets? Not currently, but I want cats in the future! 8) Where are you from? The Netherlands, though culturally I am very different. 9) How tall are you? 183 cm / 6′ 0″ 10) What shoe size are you? 43 (EU) 11) How many pairs of shoes do you own? 6 pairs I actively wear. 12) If you were prime miniser/ruler of the world what laws would you make? Ban smoking, alcohol, prostitution and get law enforcers to overview night clubs, etc. Increase government funding of animal shelters. 13) If you were a super hero what powers would you have? Flying. 14) and what would your hero name be? Silvermoon. 15) and what outfit would you wear? Something trendy and comfortable with leather, but not “biker gang looking”. 16) What was your last dream about? Getting drunk at night with Avril Lavigne and Jessica Lange and jumping out of a medieval tower. 17) What would you do if you won the lottery? Buy my parents a new, large house in the Dutch countryside and move to Taiwan with my boyfriend. Use my money to find new (female) singing talent and help them become succesful. Also open a giant luxury animal shelter where I would work myself. 18) Would you like to build/design your own house? No, but I’d like to design the bathroom and decorate the house. 19) Which form of public transport do you prefer? Anything that isn’t crowded and allows me to sit comfortably. 20) What talents do you have? Graphic design, cinematography, creating atmosphere, story writing. 21) Can you juggle? No. 22) Can you solve a rubix cube? Never tried; probably not. 23) Do you have a cherished childhood teddybear? Yes! Two. I take a picture with the (polar) teddy bear every birthday since I was born. 24) Are you psychic in any way? No, but I can sense people’s real emotions easily. 25) Are you a good dancer? Only with the doors locked. 26) Are you a good singer? No, but I love singing. 27) Are you a good cook? Kinda. 28) Are you a good artist? Yeah. 29) Are you a good listener? If the speaker is actually saying something, yeah. 30) Are you a good public speaker? Absolutely not. 31) Are you a good babysitter? The baby would probably end up dead. 32) Are you a good mechanic? Heck no. 33) Are you a good diplomat? Probably not. 34) Are you a good employee? I’m a better employer. 35) Are you a good dresser? Yeah. 36) Are you a good swimmer? Hells no. I’m afraid of water. 37) Are you a good skier? Probably not. 38) Are you a good lover? Yeah. 39) Are you a good musician? No, but I love music. 40) Are you a good comedian? 95% of the people don’t get my humor, so probably not. 41) Are you a good cleaner? Only when I want to. 42) Are you a good actor? Absolutely not. 43) Are you a good writer? Yes. 44) Have you ever been bungee jumping? Never. 45) Have you ever been canoeing/kayaking? No. 46) What types of holidays do you prefer? Authentic experience of going to some place in Asia and exploring the city and nature. Nothing luxurious or wild. 47) Whats the furthest you’ve ever been on holiday? …Tokyo, I think. I’m bad with geography. 48) What was your favourite holiday? My last trips to Taiwan, China and Japan are tied. 49) Where would your dream holiday be? Going to some obscure, beautiful nature scene in East-Asia without tourists. 50) Can you tap dance? A little bit. 51) Whats your favourite zoo animal? PANDA! 52) Whats your favourite sport? Tennis 53) Whats your favourite food? Sushi 54) Whats your favourite pizza topping? Anchovies 55) Whats your favourite film? Gin Gwai, The Hours, Sucker Punch 56) Whats your favourite song? I can give you 4: Beauty and the Beast (Stevie Nicks), Rock N Roll (Avril Lavigne), JEWEL (Ayumi Hamasaki), The Power of Goodbye (Madonna) 57) Whats your favourite alcoholic drink? None. I don’t drink. 58) Whats your favourite non-alcoholic drink? Aloe Vera. 59) Whats your favourite TV program? The Office and American Horror Story: Seasons 1 & 2 will always be stored deep in my heart. 60) Whats your favourite boyband? I hate boybands. 61) Whats your favourite girl group? None. 62) What would be your ideal partner? Considerate, understanding and faithful like my boyfriend. 63) Do you want children? Yeah, a daughter. 64) Do you want a church wedding? Absolutely. 65) Are you religious? I believe in a God, but not in any specific religion. 66) Do you like reality TV programs? Absolutely not. I hate them. 67) Do you like TV talent shows? They’re slightly amusing, but mostly annoying. 68) If you were gay who would your life partner be? I am gay, so… I’ll answer it for “if I was straight”: Koda Kumi. She’s fun, sexy but not slutty, cute, optimistic, bubbly. 69) If you could go back in time to change one thing what would it be? Get myself off drugs sooner. 70) How many hats do you own? None. 71) Are you any good at pool? Probably not. 72) Whats the highest you’ve ever jumped into the water from? I don’t jump into water. 73) Have you ever been admitted to hospital? Yeah, when a wine glass’ shaft went through my foot. 74) Have you ever had any brushes with the law? Yeah, once, when my parents were fighting with the neighbors. 75) Have you ever been on TV? I was in a train commerial as a kid. 76) Have you ever met any celebrities? Kelly Clarkson, Ayumi Hamasaki, Lucie Silvas, Loreena McKennitt. 77) Have you ever been to Legoland? Nope. 78) Have you ever done something heroic? Brave, yes. Heroic… I guess not. 79) Have you ever played a practical joke on anyone? Lots of times on my dad. 80) Have you ever been the recipiant of a practical joke? Sure. 81) What would be your best achievement to date? Getting my video-games published. 82) Do you prefer baths or showers? Shower. Baths take too long, but are occasionally nice. 83) Do you prefer towel drying, blow drying or natural dryin your hair? Towel dry, then blow dry for styling. 84) Have you ever built a snowman? When I was a kid. 85) Have you ever been sledging? Don’t think so. 86) Have you ever flown a kite? Maybe as a kid. 87) What colour socks are you wearing? Black. 88) If you could live anywhere, where would that be? Taipei (Taiwan). 89) Have you ever been famous? Not really. 90) Would you like to be a big celebrity? Only if that means getting to hang out with my idols — Stevie Nicks, Avril Lavigne, etc. 91) Would you ever go on Big Brother? Never in a million years. 92) How big is your TV? Medium-large. 93) What is your most essential appliance? Rice cooker. 94) What type of music do you like? Anything from an artist that I connect with on an emotional level, of which there are only a handful. 95) Have you ever been skinnydipping? Nah. 96) How many Pillows do you sleep with? At least 5. 97) What position do you often sleep in? Fetal position when alone. With my boyfriend any kind of cuddle position without too much bodily contact because I sweat like crazy during sleep. 98) What do you wear to bed? Just underwear. Sometimes nothing. 99) How big is your house? Pretty small. 100) Do you prefer sunrises or sunsets? Sunset by far. 101) What do you typically have for breakfast? Skip breakfast, or have a 0% fat Greek yoghurt with mixed nuts. 102) Do you like scary movies? I love scary movies and horror movies, as long as they don’t feature any sexual content or excessive torture. 103) Whats your favourite Milkshake flavour? I don’t drink milkshakes. 104) Have you ever been in a newspaper? Yeah, when I made a lemonstand as a kid. 105) How long can you balance on one foot? Long enough to get bored and stop. 106) Have you ever fired a gun? No, never even held a gun and I don’t plan on doing so. Ever. 107) Have you ever tried archery? I tried a crossbow as a kid. 108) Whats your favourite condement? Sichuan pepper. 109) Whats your favourite clean word? Journey. 110) Whats your favourite swear word? The F-word. 111) Whats your least favourite word? Most of the Dutch language. As for English, it would be “skidmark”…Ugh. 112) What was the last film you saw? Big Hero 6! 113) What football team do you support? None. 114) Whats the longest you’ve gone without sleep? 3-4 days straight. 115) Whats the tallest building you’ve ever been up? Taipei 101. 116) Do you have any scars? Physically, no. 117) Do you like marmite? I don’t know what that is. 118) Did you ever win any sportsday events? Heck no. 119) What did you want to be when you grew up? A writer, I guess. 120) If you could change anything about yourself what would it be? Remove my lactose intolerance. 121) Whats the longest you’ve ever grown your hair? Half-long, maybe. I don’t know. Didn’t measure it. 123) Are you scared of flying? Yeah, but I bite through it everytime I take a flight. 124) Would you rather trade some intelligence for looks or looks for intelligence? I’m just fine the way I am. 125) Have you ever tie-dyed your own clothes? I don’t know what that is. 126) How often do you buy new clothes? It depends. I will go months without buying anything, then have a shopaholic period where I buy way too much in just a few days. 127) Are you reliable? Yeah. 128) Are you proud of yourself? Yes. 129) Have you ever had a secret admirer? I wouldn’t know. It was secret. 130) If you could ask your future self one question what would it be? If Stevie Nicks will ever tour Europe again. 131) Do you hold grudges? Yes. For a very, very, very long time. 132) If you could breed two animals together to defy the laws of nature what new animal would you create? I don’t condone animal breeding. Next question. 133) Do you decorate the outside of your house for christmas? No, because this is a crappy neighborhood. Ask me again when I’m living somewhere else. 134) Can you solve sudoko puzzles? No. 135) Have you ever played conkers? Don’t know what that is. 136) Whats the most unusual conversation you’ve ever had? On a first date with a guy who wouldn’t stop talking about how much in love he was with some random guy he met once in a club several years ago. 137) Are you much of a gambler? Nope. 138) Are you much of a daredevil? Not really. 139) Are you a good liar? No. 140) Are you a good judge of character? Yes, though I am naturally suspicious of anyone. 141) Are you any good at charades? Never tried it. 142) How long could you go without talking? Forever. Unless I’m in the company of my boyfriend, then maybe 15 minutes max. 143) What has been your worst haircut/style? Dyed my hair brown (I’m naturally blonde) with some cheap supermarket stuff. Left it in for too long and I ended up with a terrible black frizzy hairstyle. 144) Can you iceskate? No. 145) Can you summersault? I don’t know what that is. 146) Whats your favourite joke? That’s what she said! 147) Whats been your best present? Full collection of the original 151 Pokémon figurines from my grandmother. 148) Whats been your worst present? All presents are nice! 149) Have you ever sleepwalked? In my childhood apparently. 150) Can you build a house of cards? Probably not.
151) Whats your favourite TV advert? None. 152) Can you play poker? No. 153) If your parents hated your partner you currently loved would you ditch him or carry on with him despite the protests? Most definitely carry on (living for love). 154) Have you ever been professionally photographed? No. 155) Have you ever baked your own cake? Yeah. It fell apart but tasted delicious. 156) Whats your favourite fruit pastel colour? I have no idea what these colors are. 157) What traditionally adorns the top of your christmas tree? A Christmas angel. 158) What would be your dream sandwich? Organic, wholeweat bread with goat cheese, honey and rucola. 159) Can you inpersonate anyone famous? Hmm, no. 160) Can you do any accents other than your own? British. 161) Do you have a strong local accent? No. 162) Whats your favourite accent? Proper American. 163) In O’s and X’s which do you normally pick? No preference. 164) Do you prefer blue or black inked pens? Black. 165) What was the last thing you recorded off TV? I can’t remember; it’s been too long. As The World Turns, probably. 166) What was the last thing you dressed up as for fancy dress? An LV event in London. 167) Do you prefer green or red grapes? Both, as long as they ar eseedless. 168) What do you like on your toast? Cheese, maybe. I don’t eat toast. 169) Do you prefer liquid soap or bars of soap? Liquid soap by far. 170) How do you have your eggs? Any way but raw. 171) Whats your favourite saying? It is better to travel well than to arrive. 172) Have you ever been in a tug of war? As a kid, sure. 173) and did you win? Can’t remember. 174) Can you stand on your hands unassisted? No. 175) What do you have on your fridge door? A “Schrute Farms” magnet from The Office. 176) Do you love or hate myspace? Indifferent. 177) Who was the last person to knock/ring at your door? The mailman. 178) How old were you when you last went trick or treating? Never gone trick or treating. 179) Have you ever been bobbing for apples? Nope. Scared of going underwater. 180) Whats your most expensive piece of clothing? A pair of Prada shoes or my Emporio Armani coat. 181) Whats the last thing you took a picture of? The moon during a night walk. 182) Whats the last thing you drew a picture of? Princess Aerin Goldheart from my video-game The Princess’ Heart. 183) Have you ever bought anything from ebay? Some shorts I couldn’t find anywhere else. 184) Whats your favourite smell/scent? Anything flowery and fresh. 185) Can you blow bubbles with bubblegum? Nope. 186) What was your favourite birthday? Maybe the last one where my dad took me out for dinner at a Chinese buffet. They’re all pretty close. 187) Can you curl your tounge? Kinda. 188) Is your bellybutton an innie or outie? … Innie. There are people with outie bellybuttons? 189) What would be your dream car? A car that flies. 190) Are you left or right handed? Right-handed. 191) What was the last book you read? The Colour of Magic from the Discworld series. (Still reading!) 192) What was the last song you danced to? Gypsy by Stevie Nicks (Fleetwood Mac). 193) Have you ever owned a yo-yo? Yeah. 194) Have you ever been on a pogo stick? No. 195) Have you ever been on a space hopper? I don’t know what that is. 196) Who was the last person to send you a text message? My boyfriend. Like, right as I’m writing this. 197) Have you ever accidentally injured anyone? I must’ve accidentally hit someone in the face once. But nothing serious. 198) Are you scared of spiders? Oh, freaking, yes. Very scared. I cannot kill (a small) one without a series of screams and war cries. If there’s a larger spider I’ll just leave the building until I can get someone to go in and kill it. 199) Can you down a pint (of anything) in one? Uh, water maybe. Drinking too fast is bad for you. 200) Have you ever been banned from a public place? No. 201) How much spam email do you tend to get a week? I lost count. I almost have 18k unread (so, spam) e-mails in my hotmail account. 202) If you could learn any language fluently what would it be? Mandarin! It’s sooo difficult, but I really want to learn it. Ugh. 203) What historical Figure would you love to see in 21st centuary life? Hitler. 204) As a kid were you ever frighted of a monster under the bed or in the cupboard? I saw a man with gleaming red eyes behind a glass window in my room. 205) Do you like clowns? Nah. 206) Do you prefer BBC or ITV? No preference. 207) Have you ever been surfing? No. 208) Have you ever been snowboarding? No. 209) Who was better, the Beatles or Elvis Presley? Subjectively, neither. Objectively, I have no idea. 210) Whats your favourite type of foreign food? Sushi. 211) Which Foreign country do you dislike the most? South-America in total, and France, Spain, Portugal and Greece. 212) Do you like your music loud or easy listening? Both, depending on mood. But no crazy heavy metal stuff. 213) Whats your favourite animated or cartoon program? Pokémon and Death Note. 214) Do you sing in the shower? Yeah. 215) Are you a clean or messy person? Very clean, unless I’m in a tired mood. 216) Whats your prefered playing piece in monopoly? I don’t play monopoly. 217) Can or Do you still play twister? No. 218) Can you play chess? Yeah, but I’m not good at it. 219) Do you know the dance steps to an annoying cheesey pop song? I can dance to Bad Romance, Telephone, Hung Up and Living For Love. 220) Do you prefer straight or bendy straws? Straight. 221) Have you ever entered a talent contest? Nope. 222) and did you win? I didn’t enter. 223) Do you like poetry? I like poetic music. 224) Are you a bad loser? Not if the game was fair. 225) Which would you choose? Jelly or Ice Cream? Neither… But if I had to choose: ice cream. 226) Whats your favourite type of Pie? Vlaai! 227) Whats your most used phrase? That’s what she said. 228) Whats your most used word? Bitch. 229) Who would you want to play you in a movie of your life? Emily Browning or Saoirse Ronan if they took a female take on my life. 230) What would your dream job be? CEO of Square-Enix. 231) Which song do you hate the most? A certain blasphemous song I won’t specify, by a certain singer named Hozier. 232) How long does it take you to get ready? Depends. 10-30 minutes. 233) What do you think the greatest invention has been? Vinyl player. 234) Whats your favourite feature on the opposite sex? Beautiful hair and boobs. 235) Whats your least favourite feature on the opposite sex? … The vagina. 236) Who’s your favourite Comedian? None. I hate “comedians”. 237) What’s your favourite board game? Catan! 238) Do you have any lucky items, objects or traditions? I have a “lucky” jade horse necklace I bought in Yunyang, China. 239) Do you have any superstitions? Nope. But I knock on wood to avoid a jinx. 240) Whats your favourite Movie quote? I am no man. (Lord of the Rings), or All monsters are human. (American Horror Story: Season 2) 241) Who would win in a fight: Chuck Norris or Jack Bauer? I don’t know Jack Bauer. 242) Do you have much of an ego? I have high self-esteem. 243) Do you wear sunglasses indoors to look cool or stylish? Haha, no, and people who do so are pretentious. 244) Are you a hat person? Definitely not. Don’t want anything (or anyone!) to mess with my hair. 245) Whats your favourite supermarket chain? 7/11! 246) Whats your favourite fastfood chain? Burger King, I guess. I don’t like fastfood. Oh, or 7/11 food? 247) Whats your first thought upon waking up? I don’t want to get out of bed. -or- Wow, that was a messed up dream. 248) What animal would you most like to have as a pet? CAT. CAT. CAAAAAATTTTSSSSS! 249) Whats your favourite type of tree? The one with sakura. 250) If you could bankrupt one person or company who would it be? Playboy. Or ISIS.
251) If you could steal one thing without consequence what would it be? Britney’s weave. 252) Who’s your favourite celeb with the same first name or surname as you? None, to be honest. 253) If evil-doers invaded your country would you rush to the battlelines to defend the motherland or hide in a box? I would join the evil-doers, tbh. 254) Whats your favourite flower? Rose or lily. 255) Do you believe in ghosts? No. 256) Do you believe in the loch ness monster? No. 257) Do you believe in Aliens? To be honest, no. 258) Do you believe the Governments hide technology and information from the public? Absolutely, yes. 259) Which is your favourite pokemon? Jigglypuff or Togepi! 260) What horror fiction character scares you the most? The spiked dude from Hellraiser. 261) Can you do 10 revolutions of a hula hoop? Hmm. Probably not. I don’t have big hips — being a guy and all. 262) Do you think Great Britain should have a National Day? No. 263) Do you think Great Britain should be part of a United Europe? No. 264) Would you want the Euro or keep the British Pound? I want Chinese Yuan. 265) Were you part of the Brownies/Cubs/Scouts/Guides etc? No. 266) Have you ever invented a fairly unique meal or drink? I think I drugged my dad with painkillers in his milk when I was a toddler. That was pretty unique. 267) Do you have any secret family recipes? Yeah, the recipe of drama. 268) Do you have any family secrets? 😮 Yes, but they wouldn’t be secrets anymore if I wrote them here. 269) Are you good at keeping secrets? Yes, because I forget half of what people tell me (not on purpose). 270) Have you ever been up in a hot air balloon? Noooo. Scared of heights. 271) Whats your favourite Sci-fi film/program etc? Does Breaking Bad count? No? Then Guardians of the Galaxy. 272) When playing checkers or chess do you prefer to be black or white? Black, always. Evil underlords, rejoice! 273) Which is better, a Pastie or Sausage Roll? Pastie! 274) Do you prefer shopping on the high street or online? On the high street with a friend for second opinions. Although I’ve ordered online on multiple occasions — primarily for the sexy underwears & sold out garments. 275) Would you ever want to learn to fly? Nooooo. Wait, yes. Without machines. Just flying powers! 276) Do you often read your horoscope? No, although I have to admit that I believe in it a little bit. At least in Zodiacs. 277) Have you ever had a proper Tarot reading? Nope, but I’d love to get one, just for fun. 278) Whats your favourite brand of newspaper? None. 279) Have you ever milked a cow? Gross. No. 280) Have you ever used the phrase “back in my time” to someone younger than you? Hmm, no, but people on the internet are becoming way too young in my eyes now. 281) Do you love or hate rollercoasters? Hate! I’m too scared to ride any. 282) Which was the greatest Empire? Qing Dynasty. 283) Whats the cleverest word you know? Cleverest. 284) Whats your favourite sportsware brand? Adidas for clothes & socks, Nike for shoes. 285) Do you buy any weekly/monthly magazines? No. 286) Who’s your favourite Superhero? Storm, Rogue, Mystique and Jean Grey from the X-Men. The REAL ones. From the comics. Not those terribly written movie versions. 287) Who’s your favourite Villain/Baddie? Juggernaut, Mr. Sinister, Omega Red, Mojo (Jojo), Silver Samurai and APOCALYPSE from the X-Men. Mysterio, Carnage and Venom from Spiderman. Gosh, I love villains so much. 288) What was the last Album you purchased? Rebel Heart by Madonna. 289) What was the last DVD you purchased? Green Snake (青蛇). 290) What was the last piece of clothing you purchased? A white and black soft denim jacket from Zara. 291) When pulling crackers does everyone get one each regardless or whoever gets the big ends keeps all the prizes? I don’t pull crackers. 292) Do you ever make your own greetings cards? No, but I’d like to, and probably will at some oint. 293) Do you have a swiss army knife? No. I don’t even have a proper kitchen knife. 🙁 294) At what age did you twig onto the fact Santa wasnt real? Kids aren’t taught Santaclaus is real here, but they have the real, original version: Sinterklaas. The tradition comes from Germany. And probably when I was 4? I can’t remember. 295) Whats your favourite fruit? STRAWBERRIES, then seedless grapes, mango and dragonfruit. 296) Have you ever done something really unbelivable, only to have no one around to see it? Drove my dad’s car into the bushes at 2 AM when I was drunk. No, I don’t know how to drive a car. 297) Do you buy from charity shops? Nope. 298) Have you ever sold your services? Well, yeah, I produce video-games. 299) Have you ever raised money for charity? For local animal shelter. 300) Have you ever won a giant sized cuddly toy from a fair? No, but I won a giant Groot from Guardians of the Galaxy for my boyfriend. 🙂 We are Groot! <3
If you’re still reading this, wow, you’re one curious cat! My hat off to you. & thank you for being so interested! ^_^ -Aaron